Since I am now hairless after installing Arachni on OS X, I’ll hopefully save someone else the same ordeal. Various problems with the OS X toolchain not playing nice with the latest Ruby, then nokogiri causing a segfault because of using an old version of libxml2… etc.
Anyway, finally got a working version as follows:
- Install GCC for Lion: https://github.com/kennethreitz/osx-gcc-installer/downloads
- Edit ~/.bash_profile and add:
- Install RVM as per these instructions, remember to make the change to ~/.bash_profile as mentioned on the page and the reload the shell.
- Install Homebrew
- Install libxml2 and libxslt:
brew install libxml2 libxslt
- Link the newly installed libraries:
brew link libxml2 libxslt
- Install the nokogiri gem:
gem install nokogirionce installed, run:
nokogiri -vand check that it’s linked to the version of libxml2 you just installed.
- Install Arachni:
gem install arachni
- Marvel at the lack of segfaults